The economic crisis, the housing crisis, the healthcare crisis, the environmental crisis, and multiple crises in international security—there is no question that we live in uncertain and troubling times. Strategic leadership has never been more important.
Colonel Randall Larsen, USAF (Ret) provides executive-level education programs on leadership and strategic planning. He has a rare combination of academic and leadership credentials.
Larsen has a strong academic background in leadership and strategic planning. He previously served as a department chairman at the military's most prestigious graduate school--the National War College. NWC has produced some of the nation's top executives including Colin Powell and Brent Scowcroft.
Larsen has extensive leadership experience in both the private and pubic sectors:
- Vice President and corporate officer (1 of only 5) of a 400-person consulting firm, 2000–2003
- US Air Force colonel and former commander of America’s VIP fleet of aircraft at Andrews AFB, Maryland, 1996–1998
- Executive Director of the bipartisan Congressional Commission on Weapons of Mass Destructive Proliferation and Terrorism, 2009
- Founder & CEO Bipartisan WMD Terrorism Research Center (also serves as a board member along with former Senators Bob Graham (D-FL) and Jim Talent (R-MO) 2010-2011
- National Security Advisor, Center for Biosecurity, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2004–present
Drawing on decades of executive leadership experience, Larsen has provided valuable lessons learned to millions of people via keynote speeches, radio programs and national television. A keynote, "Lessons Learned from A Good War," was top-billed in the August 2008 issue of Vital Speeches of the Day. This speech was based on the screenplay Larsen wrote about the inspirational leadership that resulted in one of the greatest scientific and humanitarian achievements of all time—the eradication of smallpox.
Key Lessons from A Good War:
- Ask the right questions
- Set and enforce standards
- Ensure proper use of technology
- Leverage capabilities: Posse Up!
Keynote speeches and seminars guaranteed to provide insightful, thought-provoking and entertaining experiences—real take home value.